Beauty, the first topic of 2019. I’m obsessed with beauty products: skincare & makeup. I enjoy trying new products, and I get a kick out of trying stuff that is highly rated on Sephora and other websites. I find it weirdly satisfying to find out which products live up to their hype, and which are a waste of money.
So, I’ve listed six items below that I feel you absolutely need for a successful 2019!
- Pixi Glow Tonic – Yes, this miracle juice works. There is so much hype about this toner, I needed to include it in my beauty routine ASAP. I found this toner removes dead cells, excess oil, and dirt that has built up in my pores. Over time I noticed that my skin got brighter, and this is because it contains 5 percent glycolic acid (an exfoliating alpha hydroxy acid). I’m in LOVE, this is my new favorite toner. I only have 3 complaints: a) It’s only available in this 3.4oz bottle b) It’s $15 for this tiny little bottle. c) I go through these bottles pretty quick.
2. Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka Cologne Intense – This is my signature scent for 2019. This exotic fragrance is warm and spicy and sweet and masculine and mystical. There are hints of lavender, Omumbiri Myrrh, Tonka Bean, and vanilla. The scent doesn’t fade after an hour, it lingers on me for hours after applying it all over myself. As soon as I run out of this, I will buy another one, even though it is kinda expensive (sad face emoji). $185 for a 100ML bottle (as shown above).
3. Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder – Y’all this Laura Mercier powder has 7k reviews on Sephora’s website and 570k hearts! What does that say? It says, “You need this in your 2019 makeup bag.” Yup, this cult classic has been around for a minute, and I just barely got around to purchasing it. Better late than never, and, I’m never going to be without this powder ever again. This jar is $38 and it should last a very long time. The only issue I have with this product is that it is messy, super messy, it gets all over everything.
4. CHANEL Vitalumiere Aqua – I gotta say, “I love this Chanel foundation.” This is a $50 bottle of foundation, and I’ve been using it for over six months, I like that it’s lasted this long. For 2019, this will be my go-to foundation, I’m a creature of habit, so I’m not going to switch over to any other one. This foundation is hydrating, it has a silky feel. I like that it has an SPF, though, I wish it were a little higher. It gives moderate coverage, I hate that Instagrammy caked on makeup look, this doesn’t cover up my natural features. If you prefer or value a no-hassle, more natural beauty routine, than I totally suggest this Chanel foundation.
5. YVES SAINT LAURENT Rouge Pur Couture Limited Edition Lipstick – Color 9 – Rose Stiletto, a rich berry rose. This is my go-to every day lipstick. It’s not as flashy as a red, and not a dull nude shade. This lipstick is creamy, hydrating, full coverage, and worth the money ($38). I am obsessed with YSL lipsticks, I like their luxurious, elegant, and sturdy casing as well. The shade is not shimmery, glittery, or high shine, it’s just elegant and classic. It has a hint of a berry scent, which doesn’t bother me at all, and usually I hate anything that has a scent.
6. CHARLOTTE TILBURY Lip Liner, Pillow Talk – This $22 lip liner has mad love on Sephora’s website. Did this little beauty live up to the hype? YES. I will buy another one as soon as I finish this one. It is creamy, buttery, and pretty. You can use it alone to get that matte, Kylie look or use it in conjunction with your nudes, pinks, and berries. The only issue I’ve got with this lip product is that it doesn’t allow you to line your lips with precision, it’s a chunky tip, so you’re not going to get a super defined lip outline. Btw, Pillow Talk is a soft, subtle, pinkish nude that goes with a lot of lipstick shades – very universal lip liner to carry around in your makeup bag or when traveling.
Do you agree with my 2019 must-have beauty products? What are your favorite makeup and skincare essentials you’ll be using for the New Year?
Wanna Read More Posts Like This One? Click Here
Don’t Forget To Subscribe