Trader Joe’s – ‘Just Say No’ To Their Rich Hydrating Face Sheet Mask.
⊗ Goodbye ⊗
First of all, let me just start off by saying that, I LOVE Trader Joe’s. I’ve been shopping there for years. But I don’t really buy beauty products from there, mainly just groceries. However, the other day I came across their Rich Hydrating Face Sheet Mask for only $2. That’s right, only $2. Yes, I had to give this beauty product a try.
Trader Joe’s describes their sheet mask as:
( ↓ product description from Trader Joe’s website ↓ )
Single-use sheet masks are all the rage in the world of at-home skin care, and our Sheet Mask is truly top of the line. For starters, we use only 100% cotton to make the sheet itself. What really sets ours apart are the ingredients it’s soaked in – like hydrating hyaluronic acid & honey; revitalizing rose hip & camellia oils; calming chamomile, green tea & turmeric extracts; plumping propolis, pomegranate & blue algae extracts; and more… plus a bit of natural cucumber fragrance for a spa-day touch. Each Trader Joe’s Face Sheet Mask is sold individually and packaged for portability – toss one in your travel bag, your purse, or slip one inside a birthday card for your bestie.
Trader Joe’s Face Sheet Mask sure is: we’re selling each single-use Sheet Mask (.67 fluid ounces per package) for a cool, calm $1.99. You’ll find it with our other “treats” for your face.
PROS & CONS – Trader Joe’s Rich Hydrating Face Sheet Mask:
- ⊕ Affordable. Beauty on a budget. If you can’t afford a $10, $15, or $20 face sheet mask…then yeah, this will do.
- ⊕ Compact & Portable.
- ⊕ Convenient. I think it’s convenient that you can go grocery shopping, and pick up beauty products at the same time. You know, like, you don’t have to go to a separate location (Sephora, Ultra) to purchase a beauty product.
- ⊕ No negative reaction. I have very sensitive skin, and I had no breakouts using this product. This sheet mask had not negative impact on my face at all, which is always a plus.
- ⊗ Horrible fit. Eyes: Holes were too small, and they were too close to my lash line. Mouth: Mouth hole was too small. Nose: Nose strip was too long. The mask overlapped over my hair line, so messy. The fitting was just horrible.
- ⊗ Weird, gross smell
- ⊗ Messy. There was way too much serum in the packet. I know that can be a good thing, but, I didn’t know and it spilled out all over me.
- ⊗ Flimsy. It was hard to pull the mask apart and put it on my face
- ⊗ Too Sticky. My face felt gross afterward. I had to wash it off, I just didn’t like the texture it left on my face. My face did feel nice after I washed the mask off, though.
- ⊗ It didn’t layer well at all with any other of my face products. The serum left my face too sticky, and I when I applied my Vitamin C serum, sunblock, foundation, concealer, setting powder,.etc Let’s just say my skin looked horrible with this sheet mask serum as the base. I had to wash it all off.
- ⊗ I didn’t notice a difference at all in my face. I wasn’t like, “Wow, I need to use this again.”
You Get What You Pay For
I ♥ TJ’s, so this wasn’t a post to bash them. I just personally know that I will never buy their sheet masks ever again. It was a fail all around. As you can see in the pics below, the sheet mask just didn’t frame my face at all. But, it was only 2 bucks, so I’ll live.
Careful how you open the packet, there was a lot of serum inside, and some spilled on me. Goodbye to Trader Joe’s face sheet mask, you were not a goodbuy. Sadly these won’t be one of my Trader Joe’s staples.
↑ Oh my gosh, I know I look so silly in these pics, but I just had to show y’all how this sheet mask was a horrible fit for me. So, ‘Just Say No’ to a Trader Joe’s face sheet mask.
Um, what do pink roses have to do with a face sheet mask? Nothing. I just wanted to share something pink and pretty.
Are you a Trader Joe’s fan? Have you tried their sheet mask? Did you have an entirely different experience than me? If so, let me know in the comments section below.
Thanks so much.
WANNA READ MORE ARTICLES LIKE THIS? CLICK HERE
DON’T FORGET TO SUBSCRIBE