Valentine’s Day Decor Tips!
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner everyone! And what better way to enjoy the lovely day than to transform your everyday coffee station into a luscious, sweet filled caffeine oasis. Here are the
5 must-haves for Valentine’s Day coffee station.
- DECORATIONS ~ You need to purchase a few affordable Valentine’s Day decorations. The ambiance must scream, “Love is in the air, baby!” And when I mean affordable, I mean super-duper cheap. The heart wreath pictured above & below cost $4 at my local grocery store. The big, marshmallow filled plastic cup with red hearts was about $2 at Party City. The hugs & kisses banner was $4 from Party City.
It’s completely possible to find adorable, Valentine’s Day decor on a budget. The goal is to already add to your existing coffee station, not to break the bank. Plus, year after year, you can add expensive little V-Day pieces if you’d like.
- SWEETS ~ I think this is a no-brainer. Place an array of sweet treats at your coffee station because you’re celebrating the sweetest day of the year. Look for anything heart-shaped, like the delicious cookies in these pictures. Btw, they were so yummy with a cup of coffee. Did I eat them all? Sadly, no. My hubby and I ate a couple each, and then he took the rest of the batch to work. Also, you can display marshmallows, chocolates, cupcakes, and candies. Whatever indulgence you desire as you sip on your Valentine’s Day coffee.
- ACCESSORIES ~ Wait, isn’t the decor part of the accessories? No, I personally don’t think so. The decor is the wreath, and, like a V-Day banner. Accessories are the V-Day mugs, cups, plates or Champagne flutes you decide to use. You need at least one essential Valentine’s Day mug or accessory, you know, a statement piece.
The statement piece I used for my coffee station was the ‘Do All Things In Love’ mug as seen below. This was an affordable, festive, pink mug that I purchased for $6. Jackpot! I just thought it was so perfect for this Valentine’s Day post because of all the little subtle hearts & it’s so chic in pink.
- ESSENTIALS ~ Coffee machine, coffee pods, mugs, stirring stix, etc.
I’m using my Keurig with my coffee pods. Do you have to use a Keurig for your V-Day station to turn out perfect? Not at all. Use whateva you got, lovely. I know everyone out there has their preference, just make sure it’s functioning well and that it’s clean and presentable. Have your coffee, tea, or hot chocolate in arms reach at all times. You don’t want to have to go looking for items, they need to be on or near your coffee station as seen in these photographs.
- Spirits/Creamer ~ Frangelico, Kahlua, Amaretto, Grand Marnier, Bailey’s, Butterscotch Schnapps, etc.
The list can go on and on, there are so many delicious spirits you can add to your Valentine’s Day coffee. We are not trying to get drunk here, we just wanna top off our coffee with something we don’t normally have on a day-to-day basis. However, if you’re not in the mood for alcohol, there are so many delicious flavored or unflavored creamers to choose from.
As shown below, you can also do all of this with tea. I’ve got a box of white tea for this coffee station setup. Depending on how large of an area you have for this activity, you can set aside an area for coffee, tea, hot chocolate, or champagne. Be creative, the idea is to have a lot of fun with this. Plus, what a delicious treat this is going to be for you and your loved ones.
5 Must-Haves for a Valentine’s Day Coffee Bar:
- ESSENTIALS: Coffee machine, stirring stix, coffee etc.
- ACCESSORIES: Statement piece V-Day mug
- DECORATIONS: Banner/Heart wreath
- CREAMER/SPIRITS: Bailey’s
- SWEETS: PASTRIES, CANDIES etc.
For the kids: In the image above, I filled a champagne flute with strawberry milk and topped it off with whipped cream. This is an adorable and sweet treat for a child on Valentine’s Day. My husband actually enjoyed this more than the coffee, he’s a sucker for strawberry milk.
If you don’t prefer dairy in your coffee or you don’t want coffee at all, I’d like to suggest Bailey’s Almond Milk Liqueur: it’s gluten free & dairy free. FYI, Bailey’s did not sponsor this post at all. I originally purchased this bottle of Bailey’s because it was so pretty & delicate looking. I was relieved that it was also delicious too. Seriously, it tastes amazing over some ice and a little whipped cream. And It’s surprisingly strong.
Stores with affordable & cute Valentine’s Day decor:
- Party City
- T.J. Maxx & HomeGoods
- Bed Bath & Beyond
I hope you have just as much fun building your Valentine’s Day coffee oasis as I did. Remember, it’s only for one day, you don’t want all these treats on your coffee station every day, lol.
Happy Valentine’s Day!